"Your 100 Day Prayer" by John I. Snyder


John I. Snyder, Your 100 Day Prayer: The Transforming Power of Actively Waiting on God. Thomas Nelson, 2011. 240 pgs.

This books is supposed to be a 100 day journey which guides one through intentional prayer and biblical truths which will "transform their spiritual lives and reveal God's provision for their needs." It takes much the form you would expect: A prayer, a guide, an introduction and then straight into 100 days of devotionals each of which end with a prayer and a space journal about 'today's progress.'

In reality, the only way this book will transform your prayer life is if it pushes you to pray regularly for 100 days in a row. If you haven't done that, you should. If, as you do so, you seek the Lord, you will be transformed. As for this book... well, there is nothing wrong with it. It is a fairly well written, fairly standard devotional. But it is not a book about actively waiting on God. If anything, the focus is really on freedom in Christ. Overall, I couldn't help feeling that this book would be much more successful if it had been marketed differently. It certainly wasn't what I expected.

Conclusion: 3 Stars. Not Recommended. What can I say... *shrug*. Perhaps there being nothing to say is the real problem I had with this book.

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson, through BookSneeze, for review. 

Comments

Layla's Story said…
I love the description at the top of your blog! and totally agree :)
Looks like you have an interesting blog
Andrew said…
Thank you very much Layla! I hope that my blog proves as interesting as it looks :)

Popular posts from this blog

Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt, and Certainty

Forgiveness: A Hard Word From Luther

A Good Tree Bears Good Fruit....